Adult Inpatient Services
Cedar Creek provides a safe, stable, nurturing and therapeutic environment to adults needing crisis stabilization and/or 24-hour care to manage psychosis, severe depression or anxiety or other mood disorders. Our treatment programs and daily structured activities are based on an individual’s needs and goals.
Acute inpatient hospitalization occurs only with a physician’s order for conditions that cannot be safely or effectively treated on an outpatient basis. It is the most intensive level of care offered, providing:
- 24-hour skilled nursing observation and care
- Daily interventions and oversight by a psychiatrist
- Intensive, highly-coordinated treatment by a physician-led team of mental health professionals
Inpatient hospitalization is always short-term and designed to quickly stabilize the most serious symptoms to allow a quick transition to less intensive levels of care.
Advantages of acute inpatient treatment include:
- Safe, controlled, structured environment
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Intensive physician involvement
- Physician-led multi-disciplinary treatment team
- Utilization of both medication and psychotherapy, as appropriate